It had been Flag Day today and MPR’s Nikki Tundel papers exactly just how people celebrated the nation’s banner in this slideshow that is impressive.
And in addition, a lot of individuals who are, without doubt, patriotic inside their love when it comes to banner, nonetheless assaulted it in the time that is same.
Listed below are an examples that are few Nikki’s slideshow and recommendations to your U.S. Flag Code.
1) The banner should not be utilized as putting on apparel, bedding, or drapery.
We could quibble by what makes a bit of fabric a banner but if you are using blue, then add movie stars, and red-and-white stripes and intend it to symbolize the US banner, you need ton’t use it.
2) The banner should not have put upon it, nor on any element of it, nor mounted on it any mark, insignia, page, term, figure, design, photo, or drawing of any nature.
3) The banner should not be utilized to promote purposes in every way whatsoever.
4) it must not be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but constantly allowed to fall free.
5) Advertising indications shouldn’t be fastened to a halyard or staff from where the banner is flown.
6) whenever presented either horizontally or vertically against a wall surface, the union must be uppermost and also to the flag’s right this is certainly own that is, to your observer’s left.
7) The banner should never touch such a thing beneath it, including the ground, a floor, water, or product.
Concerning the writer
Bob Collins ended up being with Minnesota Public Radio from 1992-2019. Read more “Seven methods to disrespect the flag that is american”